Something of Myself

Monday, September 25, 2006

Something of Myself

It's coming back after ages.

I am sensing a part of myself - near, very near, but not there yet. It'll be so nice to meet up with you. The old me. Reckless. Carefree. Sensitive. Daring. Go-getting!

It feels cold - hair-raisingly cold. A certain numbness envelopes me. I surrender. All of myself. Yet another time. As if I was always ready, willing and able.

Someone's outside. I can hear the footsteps. The smell of lilies. The sweet invite. The warm embrace. The naïve smile.

I have so much to tell you. Telling stories. Heartbreaking memories. Painful encounters. Ruined relationships. Elastic compromises. Earthy promises.

I need it to rain. It always feels like redemption when it rains. A tiny amount of independence. A huge amount of boisterousness. Velocity. Spear-like.

Sudhu tomar jonno (Only for You).

I need to do so much before he comes in. I need to dress up. Need to unmask. Need to take stock of everything I have to share. Need to update the log book. Need to feel the pain again, to enable me to explain what I felt then.

Please wait for a little while. Hang around. I want to feel this thing - I want this feeling to last a while - a little while - only a lifetime! I promise, I will bring you roses in December. Only if you promise to stay around.

I need to be with you. I need to be with myself. Something of myself.
posted by Pele at 9:49 am

7 Comments:

This is a beautiful piece Pele. I had tears in my eyes as I read this. I suppose because it reminds me a little of 'me' and how sometimes opening the door is even more difficult than closing it. All of those feelings...all of the things that we hide from. I think we should be more open to these things. They are wonderful opportunities, like the rose before it has bloomed.

1:03 pm  

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:58 am  

Molly thanks so much for your note. It's an overwhelming feeling to know that you had tears in your eyes while reading this. I hope I didn't make you dig too deep. :)

Have you got a computer? If not, then please do!!! :) xx

7:00 am  

i love this! really wonderful

9:23 am  

Even i had tears in my eyes while reading the column. You are damn good man, ki korchis start writing, thats what u r born to do!

11:44 am  

u deleted my comment? this post is amazing!

11:42 am  

Prerona - No, I didn;t delete YOUR comment. How could I? I was away and didn't have access to the internet. Tai deri holo. Thank you for your comment. Subho Bijoya. :)

Misti - You remember our deal - you start a publishing house, I'll start writing, I promise! :)

8:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home