Something of Myself

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Idealism and Dreams

I share a flat with 12 other people. Most of them are wankers except a couple. One of them is Raghav, originally christened Raghavan. He is a Malaysian Indian. Anyways we were having this late night chat yesterday and he asked me what would be your ideal other half? It got me thinking, so here it is:

Obviously not in any order of priority, she should be a person who is a genuine human being: genuine as in somebody who cares for others apart from herself. She would be a well-educated person, not in terms of degrees necessarily but schooled in the world of life. She should be a person who commands my respect and admiration for various different reasons - for e.g. if she is into music and sings well or plays well thats a good one! She would of course, I hope love me. Selflessly. Like I would. Her family should be cultured: breeding counts, trust me on that! She should be a person with whom I can share my ideas, my passions, my dreams...

But as I write this I understand how selfish I am. Actually, cut the crap she should be a person who wants me as I am, and not try to change me. Jo tumse pyaar kaare, tum jaise ho waise kaare...

But kya faida, kaunsa mujhe aisi ladki milne wali hain...kismat bhi koi cheez hoti hain beta!!!!! HA HA At the end of it, hona kya hain? Ma, Baba ladki choose karenge, mujhe pasand ayi to haan karunga. The End.

However, as Eliot had once said, "what we call the beginning is often the end and what we call the end if often the beginning. It is the end where we start."
posted by Pele at 1:18 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home