Something of Myself

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Of Friends and Friendship

Row had come down after some months today. We had shared some uncomfortable silences over the last couple of months: she was apprehensive to get in touch with me and I was to egoistical to get back in touch with her! But today when she called me I thought about the fact the she respects me as a friend and loves me too. So i decided to give in: I do manage to surprise myself! Yes I do!

So we met.

It was good, it felt as if we had met about a day back. It always happens that way with good friends! And she cried when I hugged her when I was about to leave. I was naturally left dumbfounded by this. I always am. Meyera kaandle amar khub mushkil hoy: ami theek handle korte pari na, be it my mother, my girlfriend, my fiance, my wife...whatever!

Then I met this chap called Nitin. He obviously reminded me of my Nitin (Envy). Its been ages since I have met Envy...Anyways this bloke is from IIT doing his internship here. He seems like a v smart chap...Simple and polite. Too early to pass any other comments or judgements about him apart from this!

I have written about 4000 words of my introductory chapter. It is ok right now, needs a lot of revision and a hell lot of a re-structuring. But I know I will do it. Tomorrow. Or may be even today. While I was writing the introduction, I realised that subconsciously I was defending Kipling. I dont know why. Why do we defend people whom we've never met? Whom we'll never meet? Who have no influence in our lives? May be out of admiration, perhaps a mixture of admiration for their talent and respect for their vision? But he is cool: he is another dude in my hitlist! :)

Baba and Ma are going to Jamna tomorrow. Its Bhubaneshwari pujo. Its been ages since I have gone to our ancestral village. The pukur, dadu r chamber, aamader poitreek badi, badir pechone narkol gaach, gayer lokera, lokeder respect....these are things that form an indefinable impression on a youngster's mind. But I am sure I will visit it soon and relive those memories again...Jani na keno sentimental hocchi kintu kothay jeno money hoy je dadu, didimar ashirbad chada ami kichui korte partam na. Shastre na ki bole je manush ja kichu hashil kore shob pitri purush der ashirbad e. Bodhoy Dr. Bijoy Jyoti Roy amar opor khub khushi, bodhoy tini amake khub bhalobashen...Loke bole ami naaki ekdom amar dadur moton. Dadu ke ami kono din dekhini, khali sunechi onar bepare. Shunechi tini naki amar maa ke khub bhalobashten. Shunechi tini naki amaar dada r aashbar kotha shune khub excited hoye chilen. Shunechi tini naki shobai kaar dukkher shomoy dadaten. Dadu jodi aaj thakto, jodi ek bar taake dekhte petam tahole onek kichu jigesh kortam. Most importantly jigesh kortam about how naughty and mischevious my dad was! Kintu dadu nei. Dadu jokhun nijer shesh koyek ta nishash nicchilen tini amar baba ke ekbar dekhte chaan...Baba jete parini dadu r ghore...baba is bad at looking at people with cords inserted at all possible places. Baba jai ni. Dadu baba ke naa dekhe i mara jaan. I hope I am there with my baba when he dies. I hope he lives to see that I can do him proud. Ami amar maa baba ke khushi korte chai...tara amar jonne onek kichu sacrifice korechen. I want to payback some of it. Whatever I can, however I can... I hope I am able to prove them that I am a good human being - I know thats what they wanted. I hope I can live upto their expectations!

Baba jokhun mayer preme podechilo tokhun eti likhechilo:
"Debar amar nei to kichu, tai to deoya gelo na
Pabar amar asha chilo, tai to paoya gelo na."

Sweet innit? ;)



posted by Pele at 11:54 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home