Something of Myself

Friday, December 02, 2005

Broken Thoughts

It's been quite sometime since I wrote my last post. Time just seems to fly. Thoughts wander and then collide inside my head. At times I feel there is nothing 'happening' in my life. And then there are times when I feel, a lot is 'happening'. I don't know why I am writing this post. Agenda-less.

* * *

Was flicking through Anna Karenina at work. Tolstoy says that once a man learns about death, there is nothing worse than life. Interesting thought...

* * *

A friend from Exeter mailed after ages. Her thesis cooking well. Writing on the concept of 'desire.' From the writer's point of view. How difficult it must be to articulate thoughts on such a tricky idea. Well, not quite an idea...

A friend is leaving town. Going far, far away. Leaving me sad and tearful. Going for a purpose. Here's wishing all the very best. Don't worry, you'll be a star!

A friend is not returning home. Making money. Building dreams.

* * *

I want to go away from this place, for sometime. It's been almost a year now. I need to be free. Soul free. Or something like that. Chasing something elusive. Don't even know why.

I want to build a fort. I want to have cannons at my disposal. I want to tickle myself. And laugh. Laugh out loud.

* * *

In some dark alley, filled with the scent of marigold, a dreamer walks by, kicking the crushed coke can...visits the soothsayer and asks - 'Tell me the way out of this mess. Tell me what my future holds. Oh tell me how many children will I have? Tell me where all this is leading to. Tell me about myself."

And she wisely answers - 'It's too early my friend. Hang on a bit more. For good things come to those who wait."
posted by Pele at 11:14 am

3 Comments:

thank you mukherjee.

6:55 am  

"I want to go away from this place, for sometime. It's been almost a year now. I need to be free. Soul free. Or something like that. Chasing something elusive. Don't even know why. "


looks like everyone goes through such a phase

8:06 am  

Hi Brood,
Long time! Yeah...it's in the air it seems... :-)

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home