Something of Myself

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ruins of the day

That’s what happened. You didn’t need me anymore. You had people around you. People who had ditched you earlier. People whom you hated. People whom I made you love. People whom you said you’d never forgive. I made you forgive them. And then?

You just walked away.

That’s what happened. You just reduced everything to money. You had it. I didn’t. So?

You just walked away.

That’s what happened. You needed space. I gave you so. So much so that you got lost in the wilderness of it all. They took you in, flashing fancy cars and expensive wine. Me? I had some scribbled notes, some old ideals, cheap dreams and some unknown lines of some unknown poem of an unknown poet. I was just ordinary. They weren’t. That’s why

You just walked away.

That’s what happened. You had had enough of me. I had nothing new to give. You sold my dreams. For a few pennies. You dumped the promises. At the Roman city. By the great site. In the clean gutter. Tourists wouldn’t notice. I did. Just didn’t realize it then. And then when I did, it was too late cause

You just walked away.

I keep telling myself every now and then that there was more than that…that it was NOT that…

Somewhere in my body, somewhere in my soul, you left such a deep cut that the scars still show.

I let you go. Just like that.

That’s what happened.
posted by Pele at 10:47 am

13 Comments:

May be you didn't love her enough that she walked away, may be you make her feel so wanted that she walked away,may be you didn't respect her enough that she walked away, money is not everything, all a woman wants is trust ,love and respect.
Give one more try, you never know she might come back to you.

All the Best!

5:22 pm  

i wish i could befriend Beelzebub

3:54 am  

Ano - Thank you for your comment. Felt funny to read your comment.

Known Stranger - why this wish of befriending me? Please elaborate, will you?

4:33 am  

Pele did this happen recently? If it's ur GF and she left u for money, then was she worth ur love in the first place?

**I was just ordinary

thats the hardest thing for ppl to be these days..and Im glad u r ordinary and not a fake glamor guy..

Keshi.

4:58 am  

Keshi - why do think this 'happened'? Can't it be a piece of fiction? Does it really sound as if it happened? :-)

Pleased someone is glad about my ordinariness! ;) Thank you. Take care...

7:01 am  

What's there to feel funny?
Isn't it quite practical that if don't love someone dedicated that she would leave you?

Think pele .........

did it really happen to you?

2:07 pm  

Ano - yes it's very practical i would imagine! ;)

Did it really happen to me?
Ah well, you are asking me to unpeel myself.........there is a certain romance in blurring facts with fiction...what is fiction anyways? ;)

3:24 pm  

Ano - sorry I forgot to answer your initial question: what's there to feel funny?

I feel funny and in fact I laughed because YOU assumed so many things. Firstly, you assumed it was a man-woman love story. Assuming that you assumed that I didnt 'love her enough.' That's why I felt funny. How strangers, anonymous strangers, just take things for granted. It's an interesting insight nevertheless for me, as an aspiring blogger. :)

3:29 pm  

Well it sounds very real! So it's fiction? :) Im glad..hehe..

Keshi.

12:55 am  

Keshi - thank you for your thoughts. :)

6:27 am  

no probs mate :)

tc,
Keshi.

3:28 am  

beautiful. my favourite amongst ur writings in a long time. will not comment on the content or make assumptions ... atleast, not here. :)

12:37 pm  

Thank you Prero. Welcome back!

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home