Something of Myself

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dear Baba,

You know what, I just wrote this huge letter to you and the freaking computer crashed. I have lost it all. But anyways, here we go again!

How are you doing? It's been so long since we exchanged letters. You and me, both lazy-arsed. I know it's not the writing but the actual reality of walking upto the post office that seems like a Herculean task. But I know you remember me, as much as I do.

It was Diwali yesterday and Delhi was bright and sunny. How was it back in Cal? Did you go for the pujo? Did ma make it? Did you wear the shirt I had sent over - the one with blue and white checks? I hope you wore it with blue trousers. Your dressing sense is horrible and I sometimes wonder how ma fell in love with you! HAHA Just kidding....it's ok, I know you must have been looking great!

I went to a birthday bash and followed it up with adda sessions with a couple of friends. I was thinking if you were missing me. You must have. Are you still drinking much? Please remember your promise, and do not drink more than a couple of shots. Your liver must be in agony after 30 odd years of heavy drinking. So take care.

How did the business plan go with the venture capitalist? Did they give you the money? Dad, please don't work too hard. I can shoulder some of your responsibilities now. I am not a kid anymore and it's time you start accepting it. Are you ok with money? Let me know if you need some. I can transfer it in a day. Not a problem. Ok?

Aar ki bolbo. Trying to live upto your expectations. Job is going good. They pay me alright. After paying the utilities and rent, not much is left, but it's good enough for me. I am thinking of getting married over the next couple of years. Don't worry, I haven't met anyone yet. You can do a quick search for me. You do remember the criterias we discussed on that night, right? After her, I really do not want to get involved, but I'll do it cause I know you would be very happy. I'll get you a suit for the reception and a dhuti for the wedding. How does it feel Baba to even think that your son is now going to get married? Must feel strange na? You must be thinking I was just born the other day. All parents think like that and specially parents like you, who dote on their child. :)

I wish I could have come home but I could not. I am sorry. But I will come in December. Is that ok?

Did you fix the garage? How is the car doing? Is it working alright? Please make sure it's fine cause I will be needing it once I am there.

What news of ma? How's her health? Hope the kidney is doing alright. Does she accompany you for dinner or are you eating alone? I really miss you when I sit to eat. It's like an integral part of me that's not there anymore. Your penchant for forcing me to eat and eat more revebrates in my ears. I am cooking everyday. Seriously, I am not lying.

Are you getting the hang of computers? Did ma teach you how to e-mail? Why don't you e-mail me sometimes? Ma does write to me saying your baba wants to say this and that but you know how it is when it comes from you. It makes it that much special.

Anyways, I got to go now, make sure you write back quickly. Do the snail mail, it's wonderful to see your handwriting and realise that you have taken time out for me, to know that you miss me, that you remember me, that you are waiting for me.

Take care Dad, I love you very much.
Yours,
Pele

posted by Pele at 12:35 pm

5 Comments:

Hi Baby, be good. Love u. Call me if and when u can. Do u have skype? Feeling it too ... last few days its waking up like a rheumatic pain on a full moon night. lol. what the fuck ya. Don ... I will go see Don and not think too f much ;) Coming home in Dec too ... btw, curious about "her" :) tumi toh amaake kichhui bolo na! :P

1:54 pm  

I am always good. I was thinking of you today. Don't ask why. Just like that. No, I don't have skype. Let me know how Don is.

'Her' jodi tomar mone na thaake tahole amar kichu bolbar nei. You have a short memory. :) Take care.

2:56 pm  

oh. funny how when we spoke abt "her" i never realised it was so intense. huh i'm confused. can i get hold of u someplace dammit!

12:40 am  

Is your last sentence a statement or a question?! ;)

7:31 am  

depends. perhaps it was once :)pwd

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home