Something of Myself

Monday, November 08, 2004

Limbo.

Reading this really fucked up 20th century French critic, Roland Barthes. He is so able and willing to fuck your head up that he doesn't realise that his fancy jargons doesn't help anybody! I mean Mr. Barthes, do you know that you are an idiot?? Tch, and imagine this - I have to teach this Barthesian text to a group of undergrads! Wow!!! Scary.

Nothing much happening out here. Met Shani today for coffee during brunch time. She is tensed about her house thingy. I hope it gets sorted. She is one of the few friends I have out here, so naturally I want her to be well....

Perhaps going to London for Deepavali....not sure....Will do it if I really want it. Thought of escaping to Swindon for sometime but Percy's got some work to do. Hmph!

Never mind, Krishan Kumar's The Making of English National Identity, Barthes' Mythologies and Sinfield's Literature, Politics and Culture in Postwar Britain should keep me occupied. On a different note, really want to read Irvin Welsh's Trainspotting. Read an excerpt - loved it. Sad that I don't have the cash to grab a copy but it will happen in due time....all in good time baby, all in good time.

Spoke with Z early in the morning. She was a bit upset about certain things. Tried to calm her down. I think it helped; at least I hope it did. I don't like it when she is upset and crying and all that. I want her to be happy - like in a state of perpetual happiness...long-lasting.

Wonder why we want some people to just be happy, selflessly?

Song in my head right now: "Sokhi bhabona kahare bole, sokhi jatona kahare bole?" Roughly translated (sorry Mr. Tagore) - "What is thinking? What is pain?"

Hmm...food for thought. Ah, this bloody cleaner and her noisy fucking vaccum cleaner....shut up you bitch!
posted by Pele at 1:41 pm

1 Comments:

At times u need to read things and do things those really irritating but never mind its like okay to do it.
good that u met up with ur friend,going to london to spend ur deepavali.
Seems like u really care about Z a lot,
" tomra je bolo dibas rajoni bhalobasha, bhalobasha,
sokhi bhalobasa kare koe, se ki keboli jatona moi"
"What is love all about , is it only a sweet pain?"
I could not decipher till date what is real love but definitely is painful to stay away from ur beloved ones.

7:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home