Something of Myself

Monday, November 15, 2004

Weekend Review

Had a good weekend - went over to Percy's. We were on about our time together at Exeter - the nocturnal walks in eerie places, the shifts at Domino's, my personality revamp, his lab, Unreal Tournament, his room - Kendal's Dark and the sweet sound of Lata and Kishore and Rafi and Mukesh...It's a strange thing, this memory. Imagine what life would be if we were perpetually living in the present without any traces of our past? I think there was a film made on similar lines, titled Memento?!

Shani got all my stuff today. My room's in a mess. Books, clothes, shoes, crockery, cartons and that huge huge bag that Ma got from Singapore. Yuck! I am going to throw it away right after I finish this! Feels good to be back home (provided I accept this room of mine as "home"). Don't know why but I always feel good when I come back to my den, it's like, yes, this is my bed, my desk, my laptop, my little space in this wild, wild world. And then suddenly, out of the blue, I feel empty - as if something is missing...inexplicable.

Meeting Tony day after - let's see what happens. Missed my lecture today - just forgot about it; felt like kicking myself over and over again. I guess I was too pre-occupied with the Sinfield stuff that I am reading now or may be it was the whole visa thing frying my brains.

Spoke with Z last nite - it was great. Her laughter still rings in my head, the words etched in my mind...Wrote a really cheesy email...felt embarrassed after writing it. Its a bit weird perhaps because I cannot sense the reality of it all. She makes me think that this life is worth the shot. Well, I hope it is 'cause I am gonna have a go anyways! ;)

P.S. Why do we tend to associate nature with feminine beauty? Is there a link? I mean we say things like "her hair, cascade-like, brushing against my face" etc, why? Odbhoot na? :)


posted by Pele at 3:22 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home