Something of Myself

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Last night, as I was turning and twisting to fall asleep, I had this sudden feeling rising in me. I felt I was going to die too soon. Well, not tomorrow but soon. I felt there was not enough time to accomplish all that was left to accomplish. I felt I had to do so much in so little time. I felt I had to meet so many people that I wanted to meet. So many promises that have to be honoured. So many lies that have to be uncovered. So many fights that have to be resolved. So many revenges that have to be exacted. So many debts that have to be re-paid.

While speaking to Ma the other day, an acute realization bit me, for the billionth time – it is only money that can give us absolute power. Those who have it, have the power to rule. Those who don’t, they are destined to be ruled. The big equation is simple after all. Marx was not an idiot and idealisms do not feed empty stomachs.

I need money.

I need power.

I need time.

I need to figure out the people who are going to stand by me, when I have none of the above.
posted by Pele at 6:04 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home