Something of Myself

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The mind is an amazing place. Here now, in the middle of papers, write-ups, research, copy, edits, and now, among the lush greenery of the Devon countryside, the beaches of Goa; now searching for a sanctum, an old temple, a long-lost friend...

It's amazing how much we travel everyday within a span of seconds. Yet our body clock never gives up. Work takes me inside the boardrooms of CEOs; cricket takes me to Lords, fashion takes me to the streets of Paris, love takes me to my hometown, desire takes me to a convocation ceremony, death takes me to the morgue, novels take me to an unknown land, longing takes me to the mountain tops, advertising takes me inside the minds of the teeming millions, maths takes me to hell, internet takes me to uncharted digital territories (separated by clicks), regret takes me to the old library, the need for self-deception takes me to the old pub...times gone and lost...

I want to break free. Will you be my companion? We will tread softly, avoiding dreams and all. We will not set out to reach anywhere. We will rise, from one point to the other, free-flowing, touch the waters, dip our toes, smell the air, and then when you are tired, we will begin our journey all over again, pretending that we haven't been here before. Yes, T.S.Eliot. If I could only be...
posted by Pele at 12:11 pm

2 Comments:

I can so well identify with ur post, its my current state of mind as well. I loved the allusion "internet takes me to uncharted digital territories (separated by clicks)." And yes, T.S. Eliot, if i could only be :)

7:09 am  

:-) Thank you Misti

9:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home