Something of Myself

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Back from Oxford. It went well. It was great. The more I heard the papers, the more I realised how little I know - and naturally, how much I have to now KNOW. Do you see what I mean?

Anyways, in a state of shock now...there was a burglary in my house. Baba is freaking out cause it happened the second time in about 1 year. It just made all of us realise how much we value life. Baba said - "Praan e beche gechi, ei jothestho." True. But I wonder if God makes these kinds of incidents happen to make us look inside of our insides and tell ourselves - Hell, its good to be alive!

Onek kaaj ache...One strange thing though - got an email from Nitin out of the blue. He will be there when I visit Cal which in short means - AWESOME.

I have been thinking about a phrase which I nicked from Steve the other day - "Creatures of purpose"...He used it in one of his songs...The phrase swept me off my feet (cliches are helpful sometimes, esp when your brains arent working!). Will have to do something with the phrase...can't let it live like that - on its own - it has to be fleshed, clothed and with a bit of make-up I think it can be one of the best phrases I have ever heard! :)

Well, as of now I am wondering what my purpose is....And these lines come up to my mind:
Podashuno kore je
Gaadi ghora chode she...

Prero says lines which come up suddenly have some relation to our subconsciousness...in which case, I have to STUDY. AAARRGGHHHHH! Not that I dont like it, but that given the English summer (or is it Indian?), the draughts of lager, the Euro 2004, the Rooney mania, the elusive lass and the beauty of being alive - makes me LAZY! hehe No, it makes me want to do something, "not to rust, unburnished / As tho to breathe were life..."

Tennyson is God. So is Dickens. Did I not mention Toni Morrison? Ah, there are too many Gods around these days...
posted by Pele at 6:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home