Something of Myself

Monday, July 19, 2004

Lotus Eaters?
 
Have you ever felt like the last tissue in your body was actually de-hydrating and plainly giving up? I feel like that right now. This thesis is a killer. I don't have any idea of how I am going to get through this...And the best is that after this there is the PhD, waiting for me with open arms - "Come in to get Fucked."
 
Ah, it's probably just my self-critical self speaking right now...probably my pessimist self...or may be even the Tennyson lover who loves the man not because he wrote Ulysses but because he asked -
 
Why should life all labour be?
 
Trouble is that I know that the yearning spirit will be back shortly...This time I don't want it to haunt me. I don't want to become a name for roaming with a hungry heart.
 
I am an ordinary human being. I use Colgate toothpaste. I smoke Gold Flake in India. I like to sit on the rock and engage myself in endless adda. I am a laid-back Bong who loves to eat mangshor jhol followed by an afternoon nap. I am no hero. It is so hard even to tread on the same path. That's why we need heroes...to look upto them...Not to try and become one...All this is really hard-hitting.
 
The hero, the follower, his dreams and their insatiable thirst.
 
 
posted by Pele at 11:40 pm

1 Comments:

U CAN BE A HERO. U ARE A HERO. DONT GIVE UP.

1:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home